Friday, September 23, 2011

The Aftermath

I have made several promises to myself.

I have spent the last 6 months eating completely processed food - instant oatmeal for breakfast, instant rice and pasta for lunch, salami, peperoni, peanut butter and crackers for lunch, and 'health' bars for snacks. Burning 6,000 calories per day, but only able to carry and eat 3,000 per day on the trail.

I need to bring the appetite under control. I have a dream that the 10 kg that I have lost, will stay off, at least for a few months, so I can enjoy my new skinny persona.

Resolutions
1. No more cans of lemonade.
2. No more desserts. I eat my last dessert in Millinocket - homemade rhubarb and strawberry pie, and a blueberry cheesecake. Both delicious.
3. No more breakfasts with 3 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, 3 pancakes with maple syrup and butter.
4. No more potato chips - this has been my favourite way of bulking up the calories.
5. Nor more 'Little Debbies', 'Honey Buns', 'Moon Pies' - or any other bulk packed processed cakes so full of a preservatives, that would 'embalm'  me if I died on the trail.
6. Only eat FRESH stuff, nothing out of a packet or bottle except for wine and yoghurt.
7. No more mayonnaise or salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment